Weekly assignment details
In this course you will complete a weekly assignment designed to guide you through the course material and project development via a combination of open-ended prompts and comprehension checks.
Assignments are administered via Canvas and you can find them under Canvas → CSCI E-15 → Assignments. Additionally, in each week’s lecture outline, I will include a link for the corresponding assignment.
You only have 1 attempt to submit your assignment in Canvas; a preview of the assignment will be provided each week so you can prepare your answers ahead of time.
There is no time limit on assignments (aside from completing them before the deadlines described below).
- Assignments are released in Canvas each Thursday before midnight.
- The deadline for each assignment is Thursday @ 11:59pm Eastern the week after it was posted.
- Late assignments can be submitted up to 1 week past the deadline, but will not earn 5 points allocated to each assignment for timeliness.
- Assignments will close for submissions after the late cut-off date. If you still wish to submit after this cut-off please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can check in and strategize how to best get you back on track with the material.
- All of the above deadline/penalty policies also apply in the weekly assignments in which projects are due.
Here’s a summary of the timeline for a given week:
Points aside, it is imperative that you keep up with the weekly assignments and the course material. This course moves fast and the material is cumulative, so getting behind on just one week of material can be detrimental to your success in the course.