Weekly assignments details
In this course you will complete a weekly assignment designed to guide you through the course material and project development via a combination of open-ended prompts and comprehension checks.
- Assignments are released in Canvas each Tuesday before midnight.
- The deadline for each assignment is 11:59pm Eastern Tuesday the week after it was posted.
- Assignments that are completed before the deadline will earn 5 points reserved for timeliness.
- Late assignments can only be completed up to 1 week past the deadline, but can not earn the 5 points reserved for timeliness.
Here’s a summary of the timeline for a given week:
Points aside, it is imperative that you keep up with the weekly assignments and the course material. This course moves fast and the material is cumulative, so getting behind on just one week of material can be detrimental to your success in the course.
- Assignments may include prompts for:
- practice tasks you should complete
- supplemental readings
- progress you should be making on projects
- final submission details on projects
- Assignments will always include:
- A participation prompt reminding you to check in on forum activity
- A series of content-specific questions to assess your understanding of the material for that week. These specific questions must be answered independently, without conferring with classmates.
- A timeliness question used to award the +5 points reserved for assignments submitted by the deadline.
- Read through each assignment early in the week so you’re aware of what you need to accomplish for the week.
- Assignments are configured so you can submit multiple attempts; this means you could begin an attempt at the start of the week just to read it through, then start another attempt later in the week to actually submit your answers.
- If you submit multiple attempts, your latest submission is the one that will be recorded.
- You can not review your answers to an assignment once you’ve submitted them. The only way to change an answer is to retake the assignment again.
- Given the above point, you should carefully review all your answers before submitting. Or, for peace of mind or to easily review your answers later, you can take a screenshot of your assignment before submitting.
Note: These procedures were updated on Feb 6. For your Week 1 assignment, your highest scoring attempt is recorded. For Week 2 and moving forward, it's your latest submission that gets recorded. See the announcement in the forum for full details.